Critical Reflection

 Module learning:

At the start of this module, I was hoping that I am able to communicate well with people around me, feel less awkward and to be able to present myself well during presentation and meetings. Today, I feel that what I have done so far in this module improves my communication skills and presentation skills. The feedbacks from my Professor and classmates tells me what to improve on. For example, the feedback for my mock oral presentation shows that I would need to improve on my tone of speaking, posture and using of filler words like ‘er’. During the oral presentation, i was able to reduce the use of filler words and speak in a less monotone way, making my presentation more lively and standing properly while doing the presentation. The feedback from my professor and peers highlighted areas for improvement, such as tone of speaking, posture, and minimizing filler words. By implementing this feedback, I have noticed significant progress in delivering more dynamic presentations and communicating effectively as it pinpoints the areas that requires improvement, leading to tangible progress in tone of speaking, posture, and reducing of filler words.

Project learning:

During the mock oral presentation on my group project, my team was presenting and the presentation did not go well. The presentation was not smooth as my group members and I have not fully understand our project research and we did not have proper communication in our own group. As a result, the presentation lacked smoothness, with poor transitions between members, stuttering while delivering content, and excessive use of filler words. The feedback provided by both the professor and our classmates served as valuable teaching moments. It highlighted areas where we needed improvement and provided guidance on how to enhance our performance for the actual presentation. This feedback was instrumental in helping my groupmates and me understand the importance of thorough preparation, effective communication within the team, and clarity in conveying our research findings. It emphasized the significance of being well-versed in our subject matter and ensuring that all team members are on the same page. Moving forward, we are committed to addressing these shortcomings by refining our understanding of the project, improving communication within the group, and practicing our presentation skills diligently. We recognize that feedback, even when initially challenging to receive, is a crucial tool for growth and development. From this experience, i have learned that communicating with group members is important and having knowledge on your own content is essential during presentation as it shows how much one knows about their own subject.

Comments

  1. Thank you very much, Mervis, for this detailed and insightful reflection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Self introduction